HELP PRINTER CABLE

DEBBIEDEEJ 09:06 17 Aug 04

IVE GOT HP PRINTER/SCAN/COPIER MODEL C6680A I CANT GET ALEAD FOR IT ANYWHERE,IVE RUNG H.PACKARD ALL I CAN SAY IS WASTE OF SPACE.ITS BEEN MENTIONED IT COULD BE A SCUDDER[NOT SURE ABOUT THE SPELLING]IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN HELP PLEASE MUCH APPRECIATED. DEBBIEDEEJ

LastChip 09:31 17 Aug 04

I think you may mean SCSI.

click here and see if you can identify what you need.

The lead you need is identified on HP's own site click here as 'hp IEEE 1284 cable (a-c) 10 meter
(C2947A)'

Full list of accessories for this now discontinued device:

click here

Tracked down that cable on HP's site and it's available at a pricey £30.55 - it's a parallel cable (A-C) and wouldn't seem anything special to me so maybe someone else will advise if you can't just get the equivalent cable someplace else cheaper.

click here for HP order link and details

PS - it don't look like SCSI to me (thankfully)

Hold up - that cable above is a ten metre one, hence the price. You could get away with getting a 2 metre one perhaps for £8.23 click here

Or 3 metre:

click here (£11.75 plus delivery)

Sorry I made a mistake - ignore the second post as the info is slightly wrong and those cables are of a different and incompatible standard.

A cheaper 3 metre cable (HP IEEE 1284 compatible A-C) would be this one:

click here (£15.28)

Again, sorry to confuse you. You might still find a cable of this kind cheaper elsewhere. It's not the common parallel cable though so don't let some guy in Dixons fob you off.

DEBBIEDEEJ 10:24 19 Aug 04

lastchip & spooktooth thanks for ur help uwas right about it being scsi cable lastchip only problem is now where can iget one of these cables rung few companies no luck so far debbiedeej

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought your model C6680A translated as HP Office Jet R40?

As shown in this link:

click here

Hence, if you go through the links I gave earlier (except for the 2nd post made) you'd see the compaitble accessories and cables available and a direct link to order the 10 metre cable or cheaper 3 metre one, given as the last link.

There's an 'add to basket' type button on the last link I gave, and if you either have a debit/credit card you can order over the web, or order by phone (0845 270 4215) - maybe they accept postal orders/cheques? The delivery charge is scandalous at £11.74 for one cable though. I could understand if the price puts you off but it looks like the right cable to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…