Help - Power Calibration Area Error

Dinkiz 19:24 28 Apr 04

Hi All,

Can you help?
I've been happily burning my own DVD's for some time now with Nero 6 and Roxio 7. Now I'm getting an error message of Power Calibration Error and the disc wont write. Sometimes, it will sometimes it wont. I am using the NEC ND-1300A. Any ideas what this could be?

Your help would be well received.
Cheers,
Dinkiz

g0nvs 19:42 28 Apr 04

Recently had the same problem myself.DVD writer here is a Pioneer 107, bought Ritek (GO4) media with the writer and had no problems at all until I could'nt get any Ritek discs locally and changed to Bulkpaq. This is when I got the Power Calibration Error everytime,so I borrowed a few different discs and now know what works best for me.Have you changed your media ? Interestingly I found that Direct CD (Roxio) would not work properly after I installed Nero 6 so I have now uninstalled Roxio 5, Nero seems a much better program than roxio 5. Hope this may help you.

R4 19:56 28 Apr 04

This looks like a Media problem. Try using a different brand of DVDR.

g0nvs
It's a known problem that Roxio and Nero burning software will NOT work when both are installed on the same PC you can only install one or the other.

Prior to Nero 6 you could use a load menu to select which burner software you wished to use and the menu would disable the other's drivers, but this is not possible with Nero 6 and Roxio 5

Dinkiz 20:07 28 Apr 04

Thanks for such a quick response guys.
I've just started recording using some different media. Trouble is its blank and haven't got a clue what the Brand is. Anyway, its seems to be workinh ok at the moment. The ones I was using, and getting the errors with were DataWrite Yellow Classic. Can you recommend any good sites for buying blank media?

Alos, I uninstalled Nero 6. Thanks for the advice.

Dinkiz

g0nvs 21:12 28 Apr 04

Thought I'd got away with it, I had heard of the problems with Roxio & Nero conflicting with each other and was happy with Roxio but after trying Nero I find Nero the better program for me.Many Thanks.

g0nvs 21:14 28 Apr 04

Try this. click here

Dinkiz 09:10 29 Apr 04

Many thanks, again guys.

All the best,
Dinkiz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now