Help plse:LiveUpdate can't access downloaded file

Binzy 12:33 26 Jun 04

I ran Norton antivirus on my computer files and it picked up Blackbox.class and Verifier.class as virus infected files under Trojan.Byte Verify - I said yes to the prompt to quarantine them.

When I tried to download updates to my anti-virus protection I got the message "LU1856 - Live Update was unable to access the file it downloaded".

Not sure what to do now to keep my computer protected.

stylehurst 13:26 26 Jun 04

Sometimes Liveupdate can get confused.

Are you positive that you have got a virus free machine, you can check by going to the Symantec site and doing an online scan.

Provided your machine is clean, you can often get round the problem by re-downloading the file that would not install.
Before you can do this you have to remove the affected file which is already stored on your machine in the "Symantec shared folder" Usually there are a series of folders under Virus Defs which have a date in the title.

Hope this helps

end 15:15 26 Jun 04

???how does one get TO the symantec site please???? (am running Norton here by the way......)

buscrew 15:16 26 Jun 04
  buscrew 15:18 26 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…