Help pls!! Friends Computer infected with a Virus Called : Internet Security

julius44 03:10 AM 16 Feb 12

Hello and good morning to you, all despearate help needed here please, A work colleague gave me herl daghters laptop as it seems to have been infected with a very nasty virus!!!

It seems the virus is called Internet Security and it says the laptop is infected, it looks like this :

BUT,.......the one on firneds laptop just says internet security 2010, 2011, etc.

The laptop already has Kaspersky internet security 2011 and malwarebytes installed, but it seems to be blocking kaspersky from updating,.the internet wont work at all, when i clicked on the chrome Browser The rogue internet securuty Chrome.exe is infected by W/32/blaster worm.

I tried in safe mode, and malwarebytes said there was no infection(has it been compromised??!!),...kaspersky scanned in safe mode, it said that there were threats detected, then i click on fix now, but nothing happened!!!

Any suggestions please??? I really wanna get this sorted for my friend as soon as possible, and get this nasty virus removed please!!!!

birdface 09:09 AM 16 Feb 12

This one says Vista but will probably do for any problem.

onthelimit1 09:10 AM 16 Feb 12

Even though the date does not appear on your friend's laptop, I'd run the bleeping computer guide here The processes are very similar from bug to bug, and you can't do any harm.

onthelimit1 09:11 AM 16 Feb 12

Fingers too slow again!

birdface 09:44 AM 16 Feb 12

Apart from being to slow on the Button your click here does not work for me.

We apologize for the temporary outage. The administrators have been notified and the problem should be rectified soon.

Please try again shortly.

onthelimit1 11:49 AM 16 Feb 12

Working for me at the mo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know