Help pleeeese! Lost data

wishtobwireless 08:13 07 Oct 09

I have been putting together a Newsletter in Publisher and my three hours of additional work from yesterday seems not to have saved! I am now not sure if i saved it but thought ihad. The original file was opened from an email. I have checked on the incoming email but have not updated that file, and have searched but can only find the file from before the three hours of work! grrrr. Would my system somewhere, somehow have updated this? I am running Vista and Publisher 2007. Any help would be very appreciated. I am gutted!

Jollyjohn 08:21 07 Oct 09

Hi

Use search. I cant remember the file extension for publisher. But if you know it then in search type *.pub and it should find the file. Once found move it to My Documents

wishtobwireless 08:39 07 Oct 09

Yes i have done that but the copy I find is pre yesterday! Just wondered if the system updates somehow into temporary files or something. Yeah clutching at straws!

Technotiger 08:42 07 Oct 09

A long shot, but you could have a look in C:/WINDOWS Temp files folder.

wishtobwireless 09:37 07 Oct 09

Will have a look this evening when I get home!

Terry Brown 09:52 07 Oct 09

A lot of work- but it might work

Do a search for all files created /modified on that day. It will throw up a lot of files, but you might spot the one you were working on.
Terry

wishtobwireless 18:16 07 Oct 09

Thanks for your help but no joy! I must admit I thought that files were saved automatically say every 30 mins or so, or am I going back a few years... Just off to start again boo. I won't tick the resolved just yet in case anyone just has one more idea - cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now