Help Please~Transfere Docs

eljanno 12:17 20 Apr 06

Could someone help me please with this little problem I have.
Basicaly my friend has some uni work on an old win 98 pc which she used word pro (from lotus smart suite) to type her work. Now she want to transfere the doc's to a new PC (xp pro) that uses WORD. Is there any way I can do this for her so that she can access them from the new pc.

Thanks guy's

Jan

SANTOS7 12:19 20 Apr 06

click here
this will help,good luck...

eljanno 12:24 20 Apr 06

thanks for that but i can not get on the site.
Jan

SANTOS7 12:28 20 Apr 06

click here
nor can i, there seems to be a solution and some other useful links here.....

eljanno 12:32 20 Apr 06

I need to pay to view the soloution LOL
nowts free is it : )
J

rsinbad 12:53 20 Apr 06

click here
not sure if this will help

SANTOS7 21:22 20 Apr 06

Hi eljanno, no you don't, scroll the page down and follow the thread it gives you the info you need, there is no need to click on the big orange links,hope this helps,good luck.....

brambles 15:40 21 Apr 06

If I had this problem I would:
Open the Word Pro documents individually.

Lets take Document One
Ctrl+A will copy the contents of the file
Open Accessories - Word Pad
Ctrl + V will post the contents into the dialogue box.

Save this as File Name as Text type.

Transfer this file over to new machine with Flash USB Drive/Floppy Disk etc.

Now open the text file on the new machine & copy & paste the contents to a blank sheet in WORD.

Brambles

bjh 16:56 21 Apr 06

Lotus WordPro does a pretty good job of saving things in Word format. It would give the best results overall if the docs were opened on the old computer using the Lotus WordPro, then saving them as Word (97 format is best supported version) .DOC documents.

It's boring, and not the fastest solution, but the overall result would be best.

pj123 17:29 21 Apr 06

Have we not done this before? I seem to remember responding to this thread advising saving all Lotus word files as .rtf which can then be opened in any word/text processor?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…