Help Please - usb problem

SaladDodger 08:08 30 May 08

Two GB Buffalo stick nearly full with docs. New pc running vista will not open them other pc's will. Right clicking on properties for the stick show all files are still there. Help please ??

Technotiger 08:16 30 May 08

I don't have Vista (I use XP) but I believe you need Vista Ready Boost to make your Buffalo stick Vista Compatible.

click here

Technotiger 08:18 30 May 08
  rawprawn 08:21 30 May 08

Does it show in Disk Management? also try rebooting with th pen drive in the USB port. Vista may need to install drvers.

SaladDodger 08:38 30 May 08

Yes it is on the list Buffalo RUF 2 - E . Strange that only files loaded when on old pc with xp will not show.

SaladDodger 08:53 30 May 08

Have tried re boot with stick in port error message - Invalid system disc replace and press any key - Is this a common vista problem ???? Thanks for the help so far guys. SD

Technotiger 09:08 30 May 08

As I said earlier, I don't have Vista, so afraid I am only guessing, but, and I may be reading this wrong, it looks to me as if Ready Boost will enable your drive to be read. For more info about Ready Boost and how to activate click here

SaladDodger 09:13 30 May 08

Thanks Technotiger I will try the ready boost route. thanks again.

rawprawn 09:13 30 May 08

I think Technotiger is right, I hadn't realised that ReadyBoost was needed. Follow his advice.

DJ Techz 09:13 30 May 08

Hi,

Are the files Hidden. Go on to another computer and right click on a file and select propeties. At the bottom does Hidden have a tick next to it.
If they are select them all and right click, select propeties and untick Hidden.

starfish1 14:12 30 May 08

ReadyBoost is just to speed up your computer (it's supposed to add extra memory). I don't think readyboost has anything to do with storage or drive activation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced