Help please to upgrade Soltek SL-75KAV BIOS

Giggle n' Bits 14:41 11 Oct 05

Ok, I have downloaded the ner BIOS file to Floppy and can get into the BIOS programming part but it seems I am typing the wrong command to update the BIOS. I can copy/back up the BIOS no problem but programming the BIOS seems to be going wrong.

I type in 75Kavg12.awd /py which is the newest Bin.file for this Award BIOS motherboard.

The py accodring to the Redme text file means Programme Flash Memory.

Can someone help and tell me the exact command I should type. Link for Soltek if this helps is click here

The motherboard is under Discontinued and again its the Soltek SL-75KAV currently with BIOS v7 and I am trying to update to v12 to be able to put a Athlon CPU 1.3GHz in.

Klof Ron 17:27 11 Oct 05

If you go to the site you gave and download the "Chapter 4" Manual in English, look at Page 57, step 4 in How to flash a BIOS you get a full explanation as to how to go about flashing the BIOS. A word of caution, jumping from a version 7 to a version 12 is a big jump, and although it will probably work OK, it's generally recommend to do it in small increments IE 7 to 10 and 10 to 12.

Giggle n' Bits 00:37 12 Oct 05

Following the manual wasn't quite as acurate at it read. it ended up being 75Kavg-12.awd with the - in the command.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…