Help please, with unusual WiFi AND Wired set-up...

Dagswe21 13:09 16 May 15

Hello everybody.

Help!! I have a question which is a bit different, and may require the old "grey matter" to start working a bit!

OK. I have a 32" Sony LCD TV on my bedroom wall. It also runs, via Bluetooth, a Sub (Type: Sony SWF BR-100), turning a reasonable viewving/listenig affair, into a really engaging, "thunpy" experiencxce.

In my room I also have a Cambridge Audio (just 'CA' from now on) mini HiFi, running a (wired) CD player and speakers. As most of my music is stored on my iPad, the CA unit is connected by Bluetooth to my iPad to access my music. I also have a lovely pair of B&W Headphones. Again, by Bluetooth, they can connect either to the CA unit, or if I prefer, to my iPad directly, cutting out all the CA setup. Both of these options are done by Bluetooth.

MY QUESTION: could I (and how?!) connect my CA unit (if possible by Bluetooth, but I would accept a wired alternative) to my Sony Sub? My speakers are 'bookshelf' type, and the sound does need beefing out a bit. NOTE: The CA unit itself already has an RCA-type socket (I think it is RCA at least!) which is labelled "Subwoofer Out", so the wired option should be easy.

It is the Bluetooth option which I prefer, but confuses me! If I were able to pair CA unit to Sony Sub, then how would CA Unit know whether I wanted it to talk to the Sub, or my iPad, or my Headphones, is what confuses me.

Lastly, I could live with a wire from CA Unit to Sub, but, could I then keep Bluetooth pairing from TV to Sub, assuming Stereo is all turned off? does this make sense??

Very lastly, I mentioned the CA Unit has a single 'Out to Sub' socket on the back. Do you think, from experience, this is an RCA type plug? If I have a pair of RCA leads leads I no longer intend to use, could I simply pull them apart and use one “side” to connect CA Unit to sub?

could it work?? HELP!!

Thank you everyone!!!!

Dag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5