help please on sony desktop back up device

davey 22:39 21 Feb 03

i want to purchase a sony vaio desktop, and most of the models have two cd/dvd drives. i need to fit a seagate 20 gigg back u tape drive which i am not sure if this is a idde or scsi type drive. having taken the drive out of a excisting computer it was connected by the wide thin strip (harness) that i think is also connected to either the hard drive or cd drive what type of device is this seagate type drive.
the problem that i think i will have is the shape of the front of the sony vaio is not a typical pc type and am not sure if it would fit also due to the fact there already two drives on any of there units there dosent appear to be any way to fit the seagate. the reason for fitting this seagate is that it is a full disaster & recovery drive which i believe completley backs up the pc inc all files folders drivers inc operating system etc. due to the fact this pc would be on a company network this would have to be a mandatory requirement. in other words if the hard drive failed after fitting a new one and then running the back up tape every programme file folder etc would be re installed. i have been told that devices such as usb back ups are no good because these devices are not recognised by the windows pc can any one advice me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…