help please so frustrated - popup message

mco 01:06 04 Mar 06

Have spent hours and hours on this -sure it must be easy if you know how...am in NOF9 but any generic copy and paste would do...I want to select an area (of a photo in fact) and then when you click on it I want a message to pop up. I've worked out how to get a popup window in NOF but can't get a message inside it. I tried some code onclick=(alert"message") but it came out on the actual page rather than on clicking my selected area. I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of using the alt tag as my message because at least I know that works!!!

AndySD 02:11 04 Mar 06

Java scrip possably. click here

Forum Editor 09:30 04 Mar 06

and add it to you assets in NOF.

Then create your hotspot and set the properties for your Pop-up window. Then link the click to the message that you've created.

It's actually easier to do in NOF than it is to explain in a few lines, so you'll need to experiment. The key thing is to remember that the content of your pop-up must be a file to which you link.

mco 09:41 04 Mar 06

I did do that actually, before, and it worked - what I did was type 'well done' onto a page in word then save as html and uploaded and linked ...but it seemed a long way round it and I thought I could just type into a popup box. Better get back to my original idea then!

mco 12:09 04 Mar 06

Or anyone please? Took FE's advice and tried again - if you look at the link below in IE (haven't checked others yet) ( and try to do the activity, a message comes up 'done but with errors on page' - so where am I going wrong? I seem to be so close yet so far away.
click here

mco 19:37 04 Mar 06

There are five correct hands and six incorrect ones, so even with a mere hand it's still not working!!! Will have no hair left at this rate..

mco 23:50 04 Mar 06

...because I'm desperate!!

mco 17:13 06 Mar 06

So ..shall I just give up then and tick?

mco 19:43 07 Mar 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…