Help please-Skype problem

281apple 10:52 25 May 08

Skype disconnects automatically after less than one minute and this happens on every outgoing or incoming call. I reinstalled Skype, verified the settings but it continues to disconnect. This problem is not listed on Skype's FAQ's and they don't answer my Email queries. Could it be a problem with my computer and could my re-installing Windows XP solve the problem?

johnnyrocker 11:26 25 May 08

i doubt it, have you tried the very comprehensive skype forum? do any othe programs like messenger etc disconnect?

johnny

281apple 11:31 25 May 08

Yes, I spent about 30 minutes on Skype's forum but did not find anything there which could help me. No other programmes are disconnected; all my Internet connections work OK.

Technotiger 11:37 25 May 08

If it is a problem with your PC then perhaps Ccleaner click here might sort it - run Ccleaner in its default settings.

audeal 13:00 25 May 08

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Skype. This sometimes helps to solve some problems. Could be there is some corruption someware within the program.

281apple 16:54 25 May 08

I tried Ccleaner which did find something which I corrected but Skype still disconnected after doing this. I have already uninstalled Skype and then downloaded the latest version. Skype still disconnects all the time in less than two minutes of being connected with someone.

Quiet Life 23:07 25 May 08

I had problems with Sapo Messanger which is a similar program to Skype and uninstalled and reinstalled many times without success.
I saw skidzy give a link to click here which I used to uninstall and also delete numerous registry entries which remained. Reinstalled the program and it is now working as it should. Could be worth a try.

281apple 07:57 26 May 08

And thanks to everyone else for your help. A friend of mine who uses Skype with AOL loaned me his laptop and I connected it to my my Cable router. Registered with Skype and it worked perfectly. I then went to a neighbor's home who uses Skype and whose connection is CAT. I registered on Skype my nickname and password on his computer and it worked. My conclusion is that my desktop has a problem. I am going to reinstall XP. I guess it should work OK thereafter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…