help please red light???

stickytoffee 11:40 02 Jun 08

hi there guys, well know certain bits about my pc etc, but i am getting a red light as if somethings loading the light near the power light, it is permanently red as if its loading or running something and everything is slowing, i have done virus check and nothing but its getting annoying,
it has been permanently on for about hour now, and over past few days it has done same thing can anyone enlighten me plzzz
web pages taking ages to load! and i just dont know :( been through all my programmes etc see if anything there that shouldnt be there and done a virus scan and nothing apart form some changes that have changed.

Strawballs 11:46 02 Jun 08

You have run anti-virus check but have you scanned with anti-spyware like adaware click here or spybot search and destroy click here

mgmcc 11:47 02 Jun 08

It sounds as though the hard drive is being constantly accessed (read from or written to). Open the Task Manager, select the Processes tab and look to see if anything is using an excessively high percentage of CPU resources.

When the PC isn't doing anything, the "System Idle" process should be showing 90% or over. If another process is showing a high percentage, that could be the problem item.

birdface 11:49 02 Jun 08

Not left a disc in one of the drives have you.Maybe your anti-virus running a scan.When red light is on go into Task Manager and see what is using up most of the CPU.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…