Help please recovery disks wont load

dollydog 15:52 05 Mar 10

Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help. I have a problem with my daughters laptop. It is a HP g7000. I have the recovery disks, which i bought, they are the correct ones,when i put them in they don't automatically load, nothing happens. I read that if you pres F11 you could then choose to boot it from onscreen prompt, but i dont get that option. Can you help please?
Thanks

birdface 15:56 05 Mar 10

They usually have a recovery set into either F10 or F11.Not sure if you have to keep pressing the key on start up or not.

dollydog 16:15 05 Mar 10

Thanks, if i press F10 it takes me to BIOS setup, i wouldn't have a clue what go into there. and F11 i get a funny noise and then a bar at the bottom saying windows is loading and then on to a page which tells me a problem has been detected and windowss has been shut down to prevent damage to computer, then Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. I have tried pressing repeatedly, i get the same each time.

michaelw 16:17 05 Mar 10

For some reason to access F keys options you have to repeatedly tap on bootup instead of constantly depressing.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:19 05 Mar 10

HP/Compaq laptops.
1. Reboot, and repeatedly press F10 at the HP logo until the recovery screen appears.
2. When the recovery screen appears, press "Next" and then "Yes" to perform a non-destructive recovery.
3. To perform a destructive recovery, click "Advanced" and then "Yes".
4. After the recovery is finished, the laptop will reboot.

dollydog 16:26 05 Mar 10

Thanks when i repeatedly press F10 it takes me to setup utility, not recovery page.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 05 Mar 10

TRy it with F11

canarieslover 20:44 05 Mar 10

When it goes to setup utility you should be able to set it to boot from CD instead of hard drive. Save your settings and exit and re-boot with CD in drive.

dollydog 21:45 05 Mar 10

Ive tried F11, it doesn't work, ill try canarieslove suggestion. Thankyou

dollydog 13:23 06 Mar 10

Hmm, that doesn't work either.

canarieslover 15:04 06 Mar 10

Here are the instructions from HP for your computer and we seem to have suggested everything that is in them.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…