Help please re: updating nvidia drivers for my gra

McBain 00:05 30 Jul 04

Hi,

I recently purchased first desktop PC (Advent 3419a Athlon 64 3400+) with nvidia geforce fx5700 graphics card.

All was well until playing far Cry and Pandorra's Tomorrow. PT for example, started lobbing up big triangular blocks of colour instead of scenery.

I think I may need to update drivers - not done since bought PC a couple of months ago.
My current version is 6.14.105303.

I have gone onto nvidia site,
clicked on software download,
1st box - clicked on graphics drivers, then

box 2 clicked on geforce + tnt2, then box 3 clicked on win xp / 2000.

This takes me to a page with 2 options, US file (12mb) and International (10mB)).

I think I should click on US English option.
Under this I guess I should click the Primary download option rather than mirror 1, 2 or 3.

Having got this far and accepted the agreement terms, should I save the exe file to disc or open (ie into temporary file)?

what then? if I should save to disc, where would you recommend (assuming what I've done so far is right!) - would it be desktop, then click on exe file to update?

or should I create a drivers folder, save it in here, then click on exe file to update.

Any help much appreciated and thanks for taking time to read all of this!

Smegs 00:08 30 Jul 04

Make a folder in Windows Explorer, I've called mine "Downloads". Save it to there.

Night Ryder 00:12 30 Jul 04

If you are in the UK I should download the international version of the drivers. Use the primary download site ... If this one is slow you can use any of the others. Look for a download nearest to your location. These downloads are quite large so if you are on a modem don't be surprised if it takes anything up to half a hour, sometimes more. You should save the file to your drive. Create a special folder if you wish but you can just as easily save to desktop. Once you have the file double click to install.

Jonah(without the whale) 09:21 22 Feb 05

Thanks to this information, whih seems to fit my requirements perfectly, I tried to download the international version of the drivers last night and had to give up - more than two hours were required.
I've left my home machine running this morning to download and still needing the time of two hours plus.
I'm a bit of a novice at this sort of thing and I hope I've got it right, but in all fairness, there seems to be little to get wrong. I've followed McBain's instructions, so lets hope for the best. Just one query - I will have saved the drivers to the desktop - what do I clikc on to install them?
cheers

Adnan 09:42 22 Feb 05

First uninstall your existing nvidia display driver (control panel / add or remove programs). Reboot, disable antivirus, then double click on the new driver program you've downloaded.

Jonah(without the whale) 21:02 22 Feb 05

I downloaded the driver by leaving my machine runing this morning and going to work leaving the downlaod going on. It toof just over two hours.
I did not install the existing drivers - that seems to be the consensus, and just installed the later one, and all seems to be OK.
Thnaks for your help - Night Ryder seems to have it right!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…