//some 3rd party need geo

help please problems loading easy dvd/cd creater

premier man 10:08 09 Apr 04

I am trying to load Easy 6 CD/DVD Creater,I have closed firewall and AVG and other running programs,the software starts loading for couple of minutes and then crashes,screen goes black,and I have to reboot to get back to windows,I am on windows ME,has anyone any ideas or suggestions,

SEASHANTY 20:53 09 Apr 04

Assume that your PC has the full spec required for this Roxio programme. Also they make it for just the
one PC so if you have already installed this on another PC you will have problems trying to install it on a different PC. If its a brand new retail box you have just purchased then I would contact Roxio
website for help. I use Roxio Easy CD creator Platinum (version 5) and have had no problems with it.

woodchip 20:59 09 Apr 04

All thing I can suggest is remove any bit's that it's put on your drive folders etc look in find files for Adaptec software folder with EasyCD in it, or just try looking for EasyCD. Then copy the CD to Hard Drive you could copy to desktop from My Computer, then start in safe mode so no windows drivers and only minimum drivers to run windows then run the program from the setup file in the copy on the desktop

Quiller. 21:08 09 Apr 04

Do as woody suggests and also look in msconfig \ startup for any reference to cd burning software. Un-tick it and reboot and then follow woody's advice.

premier man 09:42 10 Apr 04

OK guys many thanks for your responses,woodchip,not sure how to copy to hard drive etc,excuse my ignorance,can you explain how,thanks

hssutton 12:01 10 Apr 04

SEASHANTY There is no problem installing on a different PC, my copy of Easy 6 CD/DVD Creator is now runing on my third PC

woodchip 13:58 10 Apr 04

Just double click on the My Computer icon so you can the CD drive, right click on drive with the EasyCD in and drag to the desktop the let go and choose copy

SEASHANTY 14:00 10 Apr 04

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware that it would do
this. I only use v5. Haven't as yet purchased the new version 6 but have noted that Roxio have now brought out the new Media Edition v7 so it seems if I decide to upgrade I will probably skip 6 - unless it becomes dirt cheap, of course.

hssutton 17:05 10 Apr 04

SEASHANTY

version 6 is now dirt cheap £7.50 from reliable ebay dealer click here

premier man 20:36 10 Apr 04

Hi woodchip,tried to drag to desktop from My Computer,but would not let me,says I cannot move or copy, am I not doing it right?

woodchip 22:27 10 Apr 04

Then try it in Explorer create a new folder and try to drag to new folder or try copy an paste

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…