Help please - netgear WG111T problem

BrianW 16:00 22 Feb 07

I have a wired LAN using a Netgear WGT624 v3 router which works without problem with my PC, Laptop and network printer attached.

I've installed the Netgear WG11T USB2 device and it shows as being installed OK.

When I try to set up the wireless connection it shows the wirelss connection as active, searched for the right source, shows 100% signal, cycles through all the channels and goes from all lights showing green (for a few seconds) and then drops the signal showing one red light.

I've spent more than an hour going back and forth through the setup and can see nothing wrong - but the problem persists.

Any help to resolve this would be most appreciated

(Laptop is an Advent 8109 by the way)

Strawballs 18:53 22 Feb 07
  BrianW 19:38 22 Feb 07

solved it by going back to first principles!

I had two wireless adaptors working at the same time so I disabled the Laptop version.

Then I RTFMd (blush :) and discovered that the problem was with the security settings on router and usb wireless device being different. Once I'd sorted that the link was made.

Thanks for the link as "Strawballs"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…