Help please to move OE .dbx foldersto new location

Maundy 13:12 13 Feb 10

I'm running XP sp2 but store My Documents and Outlook Express folders (Inbox, Outbox, Deleted items etc) on a separate drive partion.
I have recently had to reinstall XP but cannot remember how to configer OE to store/send emails to .dbx folders (Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx) which are already located on a different drive.
It is important to retain this arrangement because my PC is setup for dual boot so I want both operating systems to have a common library for emails.
Advice please.

GaT7 13:23 13 Feb 10

If the hard drives are connected to each other, use the Import wizard in OE.

OE > File > Import > Messages...'Import mail from an OE6 directory > browse to the folder - usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{A723FD9F-4B93-4C6E-B1B2-A18F52298520}\Microsoft\Outlook Express - & follow the rest of the process. G

GaT7 13:42 13 Feb 10

Sorry, I should've said that the C:\ path to the OE store directory mentioned above may be different on your PC, as you have more than one drive/partition.

And the "{A723FD9F-4B93-4C6E-B1B2-A18F52298520}" folder will be named something else (but similar) on your PC.

"....so I want both operating systems to have a common library for emails." - I don't know if this is possible, but you use can this guide click here to move the default OE store folder (on one of the OSes) to the drive that contains the common store folder. Then send yourself a few test emails to see if it works as you need it. G

Simsy 13:44 13 Feb 10

Tools>Options>Maintenance>Store Folder

Navigate to where your emails are currently kept.

It will probably say something like, "There is already a folder in that location. Do you want to use that store"

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Maundy 21:55 13 Feb 10

Thanks to all who responded but a special thank you to 'Simsy' who was spot on, 10 stars!
No longer a problem, fully resolved thanks again to Simsby.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…