HELP PLEASE lost my bootini files

v/bomber 18:34 13 Jan 03
  v/bomber 18:34 13 Jan 03

hello, bin messing with my pc as you do ,and some how ive lost my bootini files.Tried loading windows from the disc but it tells me to go to console .at console i typed in bootcfg and it presented me with a menu ,chose bootcfg /rebuild.Windows then checks the pc for installs then asks me for ----add install to boot list -yes /no/all. typed yes .then it asks for -enter load identifier, ???? i dont understand what it wants ,if i type 1 it then asks for os load options -???this i dont know . can any one help im well stuck thanks
cheers.

spikeychris 20:34 13 Jan 03

Are you dual booting?

Chris

mark3110 21:31 13 Jan 03

What version of Windows? Most of us on this forum have 2 balls, neither of which are crystal..

Sorry been trying to get that in for weeks.

Regards

MArk

v/bomber 21:35 13 Jan 03

hello mate no , i was using a logon screen prog ,installed it (logo loader) .it then dissapeared ,it altered my windows i think it said it would create a back up .when i rebooted the pc asked which version of os i wanted ,i just used the one that was highlighted ,after that i have had this problem. tried reinstalling the program but windows just beeps an error warning and nothing happens .so here i am .
cheers

v/bomber 21:37 13 Jan 03

LOL
LOL
LOL
XP WITH SERVICE PACK 1 (HOME) NTFS FILE TYPE .
CHEERS

mark3110 22:00 13 Jan 03

Does the Xp console not give an option for system restore?.
If the Logo app made a back up of the Boot file you should be able to rename it via a dos prompt. I'm not to sharp on that but hopefully someone will come up with the commands for you.

Failing that, its the big reformat.

Good luck
#
Mark

spikeychris 13:44 14 Jan 03

Have you tried any other of the repair options from the XP disk.

Chris

v/bomber 19:34 14 Jan 03

hello ,well i just spent 2 hours with my pc ,after some of your comments gave me some ideas . fixed an working... cool .solved problem after mucho trial an reboots by reinstalling windows repair prog of the disc .i finally managed to get the pc to install it using a combo of floppies ,avg virus floppie ,windows floppiemillenium ed an xp dos boot floppie ,i think i forced the pc into submission or it just gave in . any how thanks to all who replied cheers ps hope to repay the favours someday bye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…