Help please livebox still us

pontoon 18:13 25 Apr 07

Please advise, after phoning orange 7 times, and trying all thair recomendations i still cannot connect through the live box, they are now sending me another cable, and have told me to uninstall my lan card and reinstall it, could someone advise on how to do this safely, the problem is i am unable to tell the live box what my user name and password is as i can't connect to the live box to tell it what ever i try, sorry if this is hard reading but getting very frustrated now.

Weskit 18:38 25 Apr 07

Do they mean physically remove and replace the wireless card? I presume your PC is wireless enabled, does it show any other wireless network?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:53 25 Apr 07

To reinstall the LAN card

right click my computer - properties - hardware tab - device manager.

In device manager click the + to expand network adaptors - you should have one ???? ethernet adaptor.

highlight it -right click - uninstall

Reboot the PC XP will find newhardware and reinstall the drivers for your LAN card.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:01 25 Apr 07

TO set up the Livebox

connect the ethernet cable to the RED connection on the Livebox and the ethernet (lan) port on the PC.

Run the Orange CD and follow the prompts to connect

pontoon 21:03 25 Apr 07

Thanks for the replies, orange ment to unistall as fruit bat mentioned, follwed advise and did this, but problem still exists, devise manager says all is working ok?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:42 25 Apr 07

what error message do you get?

pontoon 21:54 25 Apr 07

hi fruit bat, don't get any error messages, just a box saying explorer unable to open this page, orange told me not to bother with the cd, and connect to the live box manualy using 192.168.1.1

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:58 25 Apr 07
  pontoon 22:11 25 Apr 07

hi fruit bat, tried that link still the same ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:40 25 Apr 07

Start - run type services.msc

in services check that
DHCP client is started
DNS client is started
Network connection is started
Remote procedure call is started
remote procedure location is started
TCP/IP netbios helper is started
Wireless zero configuration is started

pontoon 13:00 26 Apr 07

Hi again sorry it took so long to get back, work commitments, checked the items on the list (thanks) and found dhcp client not started,and remote procedure location not started,?? all the others were started, how to start them??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…