Help please - kill viruses!

chelseabluekat 09:50 18 Sep 04

AVG won't get rid of this, I've tried upgrading AVG but get this:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft applications. Choose ‘close’ to terminate the application

Can anyone tell me how to get round this in simple language please, I've tried escan with locked up and A2. Are my system files so destroyed and unrepairable now, because of so many viruses in the last 2 weeks?

VoG II 09:53 18 Sep 04

click here and follow the instructions. Good luck.

chelseabluekat 10:50 18 Sep 04

But the PC was purchased with it already loaded - any ideas?

muscic lover 10:54 18 Sep 04

I personally would go and purchase NORTON ANTIVIRUS. It has caught all kinds of rubbish for me and is very easy to use.... But as for AVG....I dont know the answer, but good luck( Norton has killed off rubbish like this)

AND dont forget to update your antivirus product its not much good unless you update it!

chelseabluekat 11:06 18 Sep 04

It was only when I tried to update the virus software when I realised that a virus has detroyed this part of the windows system. I need to remove AVG before updating but I can't because of the missing data. I would assume that all antivirus software will need this script to run? I'm stuck unless I can repair

igk 11:55 18 Sep 04

Check this link for info on your problem:
click here;en-us;324767
Hope this helps.

igk 11:57 18 Sep 04

I will try this again:
click here;en-us;324767

VoG II 11:59 18 Sep 04

That's the same link I posted.

igk 12:00 18 Sep 04

Ok link not working lets do it the hard way!!
do a google search for"AUTOEXEC.NT" it will take you to M$ support where you will find the page that I was trying to post the link to:

igk 12:01 18 Sep 04

VOG,, ok I give in I did hover over your link and saw Tiny so did not go further!

VoG II 12:02 18 Sep 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…