Help Please - HP iPAQ to Orange Livebox

Newuser1873 20:20 10 Jan 08

Hi,

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide to show me how to connect my iPAQ Hx2490 to my Orange LiveBox?

The instructions on the Orange website are aimed at laptop users and don't really help PDA users.

My PDA recognises the Livebox but won't connect to it.

If you can help please let me know.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:41 10 Jan 08

IF the Livebox is switched off or powered down then it resets to it factory settings.

If you can connect to the livebox BUT NOT get any web pages to open you need to cahange the security setting in the live box.

To change the setting

1. Connect to the live box with an ethernet cable.

2. click here or type http:// configuration.adsl/ (without the space) in your browser address line.

3. you will now be connected to the livebox click on "Access to the configuration pages (access to these pages is restricted, you must have the password)."

4. Input the username and password (admin for both if you have not changed it)

5. Click Configuration - Advanced - Wireless

6. You will see that it is set to WPA or WEP security click and set to WPA security only

7. Click submit and wait for the livebox to reset itself.

8. Disconnect the ethernet cable and you now should be able to connect by wireless

laurie53 07:39 11 Jan 08

Not trying to state the obvious, but make sure that your Livebox is in "pairing" mode when you try to connect.

Also, with my PDA, a Dell, I have to set the WLAN Utility to WEP (not WPA) and "Open"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017