//some 3rd party need geo

help please with hard drive replacement

maciduc 17:59 16 Mar 03

hi,
can you tell me if the pc model : HP Pavilion 7805, to have it's hard drive replaced by a better one?

if so, then please supply me with a website that lets me do so.

thank you

pete

powerless 18:04 16 Mar 03

You should be able to...

But why do you think you need a better one?

click here

Bset to check that you can have another HDD with a HP machine. If i'm not mistaken they have restore discs so i would check that you can install the software of the CD to new disc first.

howard60 18:05 16 Mar 03

if your hdd is a small one ie less than say 10GB then you can fit a bigger one say 60/80 or 120GB. you may possibly have to update your bios to run it though.

cream. 19:33 16 Mar 03

Try here.

click here

Scan down to installing a second hard drive.

Or removing a preexisting hard drive.

maciduc 19:52 17 Mar 03

well, i have a Hard drive with 20gb space, it is possible to increase it anymore?
if yes, then what is the maximum even though i have seen the previous posts.

ok

thanks

pete

howard60 20:22 17 Mar 03

even if your bios cannot work a larger one and you cannot upgrade it you can get a pci card that will run your big hard drive. In my no. 2 pc I could not upgrade the bios but bought this card. The bios in your mobo has to have all drives set to none. When you boot up the pc does its normal tests and reports no hard drive. The new card now kicks in and identifies the drive. From then on the pc runs your new drive perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…