Help please - frustrated

Super Frankie Lamps 19:21 12 Jul 08

although my 10yo posted on here and tried to get help (ain't kids wonderful), i think i had better ask for the solution to something called Joke-bluescreen.

When i boot the pc and choose any profile to log in under i have a totally blue screen with a box in the middle that stated "Warning Spyware detected on your computer. Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer" Then up pops a Windows script host box that states cannot find file "c:\Documents and settings\dad\localsettings\Temp\.tt5.tmp.vbs" Finally, McAfee comes up with an alert for Joke-bluescreen.c and gives the location as c:\windows\system32\blphcgwpj0e93n.scr.

However, even though i tell McAfee to delete, have run Spybot S&D and CCleaner both in normal mode and in Safe mode, the poxy thing is still there. Now, this may not be dangerous but it is very annoying and i want it off of the computer please.

thanks for your help

cocteau48 19:30 12 Jul 08
  lodger 20:32 12 Jul 08

a backup operating system because IE does tend to go wrong!, I'm using LinuxOS right now, it is free and you can run it straight from the cd without actually installing anything until you decide if you wish to..........my XP Pro suddenly refused to recognise my modem because of a fault in microsoft toolbar...i was advised to reinstall XP, but have no disk, meaning i could not get online........solution, run Linux cd, hi presto I'm online lightning fast, can play music enjoy free chess.i love it............

Super Frankie Lamps 22:36 12 Jul 08

thanks for your help, looks like that is sorted now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…