help please with email problem.....

max beaver 17:59 03 Jul 03

hi can anyone help at all? i'm still new to the computer scene & and need a bit of help.
i have Surfanytime as my ISP, i have had no problem at all till the other week when the company split,well i have signed with one of the new ones but the way i log on to my email has changed...keeps saying "YOU ARE CURRENTLY WORKING OFFLINE.WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ONLINE NOW?" when i already am.its driving me mad...any help or ideas on a new ISP 56k dialup cheers

Lú-tzé 18:37 03 Jul 03

Give some more details of your operating system, mail program and so on.

If Outlook Express, try this:

To stop this message, open the [File] menu and deselect "Work Offline".

Agent Smith 22:55 03 Jul 03

It sounds as though you need to edit your accounts in outlook express. Delete your old account that you had with your old ISP. In outlook express go to Tools then Accounts.

max beaver 08:25 04 Jul 03

sorry its XP Pro & outlook express, i will try the above things aswell

max beaver 18:33 04 Jul 03

any other ideas?

scooby43 18:57 04 Jul 03

hi max beaver

have you tried unticking the always dial my connection in outlook express tools then down to options and connections tab?

cheers

wee eddie 19:59 04 Jul 03

Normally, when you log on, OE goes on line and checks for mail.

When you log off - Is OE still open?

If it is you will be asked if you wish to close all associated programs down.

If you do not close OE down. When you next log on, you have effectively changed the settings to OffLine working and it needs your instruction to go back on line again.

wee eddie 20:00 04 Jul 03

Close OE before you Log Off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…