Help please, Display images in MSN Messenger

cjc42 22:20 20 Feb 05

I have a photo that I use as a display image (JPEG) in MSN Messenger.
I have inadvertently deleted it from the folder it was in initially.
I can still change it in and out of Messenger as a display image no problems, but that is all I can do with it.
I want to copy it for someone but I cannot find it anywhere on my system. I have searched for it using a variety of variations on its original title.
I guess what I need to do is find out where Messenger stores the images it uses for diplaying to contacts.
Any clues and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
cjc

Technotiger 22:42 20 Feb 05

Hi, if you go to Search - All files and folders, then type in .jpeg or .jpg then all your jpeg pics should be listed not matter where they are on your hdd.

Cheers.

cjc42 23:06 20 Feb 05

Technotiger

I've Searched using the title in Messenger (P1160014.JPG) which was the title of the original and also using .JPEG, I've used P116 ****.JPG and JPEG, I've used .jpg and .jpeg and I've searched by date and I've searched for P1160014 without success. It exists in Messenger but not anywhere I can access it to work on it.

Cheers

Technotiger 23:18 20 Feb 05

Me again - something else to try -

The background image in msn is loaded from the file lvback.gif (that is an L - list view back).

have a search/look for that.

Technotiger 23:36 20 Feb 05

or have a look here - other than that, I am sorry but I cannot be of any further help - good luck anyway.

click here

Cheers.

cjc42 23:37 20 Feb 05

Still no go! Couldn't find lvback.gif. Thanks for your responses, any more would be welcome from anyone that is!! Cheers. cjc.

Technotiger 23:54 20 Feb 05

I am very surprised that you could not find lvback.gif - that is the little revolving icon that shows when you open msn messenger. Are you using Search - All Files and Folders?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…