Help please, Display images in MSN Messenger

cjc42 22:20 20 Feb 05

I have a photo that I use as a display image (JPEG) in MSN Messenger.
I have inadvertently deleted it from the folder it was in initially.
I can still change it in and out of Messenger as a display image no problems, but that is all I can do with it.
I want to copy it for someone but I cannot find it anywhere on my system. I have searched for it using a variety of variations on its original title.
I guess what I need to do is find out where Messenger stores the images it uses for diplaying to contacts.
Any clues and help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
cjc

Technotiger 22:42 20 Feb 05

Hi, if you go to Search - All files and folders, then type in .jpeg or .jpg then all your jpeg pics should be listed not matter where they are on your hdd.

Cheers.

cjc42 23:06 20 Feb 05

Technotiger

I've Searched using the title in Messenger (P1160014.JPG) which was the title of the original and also using .JPEG, I've used P116 ****.JPG and JPEG, I've used .jpg and .jpeg and I've searched by date and I've searched for P1160014 without success. It exists in Messenger but not anywhere I can access it to work on it.

Cheers

Technotiger 23:18 20 Feb 05

Me again - something else to try -

The background image in msn is loaded from the file lvback.gif (that is an L - list view back).

have a search/look for that.

Technotiger 23:36 20 Feb 05

or have a look here - other than that, I am sorry but I cannot be of any further help - good luck anyway.

click here

Cheers.

cjc42 23:37 20 Feb 05

Still no go! Couldn't find lvback.gif. Thanks for your responses, any more would be welcome from anyone that is!! Cheers. cjc.

Technotiger 23:54 20 Feb 05

I am very surprised that you could not find lvback.gif - that is the little revolving icon that shows when you open msn messenger. Are you using Search - All Files and Folders?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…