Help please in connecting aol to a Linksys WAG545G

Zebrapec 13:24 01 Oct 05

If anyone has been reading my other thread 'connecting a Gateway' you will know about the problems I had getting my computer to 'connect' to my router. However with TARAN's brilliant help I have been able at last to get half way there. Now I need 'help please' in completing the task by getting an aol connection to my router.

ashdav 14:10 01 Oct 05

don't install AOL software. Set your router with your screename (primary AOL account) and pass word.

ashdav 14:17 01 Oct 05

Forgot to mention, set MTU to 1400

ashdav 14:20 01 Oct 05

have you tried click here ?

Zebrapec 14:42 01 Oct 05

Ashdav, I don't understand what you mean by don't install aol software as I have been using aol for nearly 10 months and therefore have aol software installed, I think? My mtu is 1400, and I have done all in the link you suggested. I must admit I am having trouble with the screen name and password because on the router it says use only a password of so many letter/numbers and yet you say 'set your router with your primary account and password' well my aol password has more letters and numbers than is allowed in the router. This is were I am getting confused, ie Say for example my aol user name is 'toffey21' and my aol password is say: '156ehtf89' and this works ok with normal aol broadband. Now going to my router through IE. it ask for a new username and a password of no more than 8 letters/numbers. does this mean I have to alter my orignal password in aol, because that has 9 letters/numbers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…