Help please with buying a new pc.......

belmore1 11:42 17 Feb 03

Need to change my pc for a newer version.
Have read info on various makes and now torn
between Evesham and Systemax.
Would appreciate any tips or advice on these manufacturers please. Including their
aftersales service.

Many thanks.

Patr100 11:55 17 Feb 03

Have a look/search in consumerwatch.

rickylea 11:59 17 Feb 03

I bought a 2.8ghz P4 from evesham just before christmas, and last week I noticed the unit fan was making a strange noise. It turn out that one of the fins had fractured.
To cut a long story short, rang Evesham to book an engineer to come out to replace the item. 3 days later all was well agian.
There aftersales service is pretty good and the engineer arrived on time !!!
The only problem i did incounter was waiting on the phone for about 6 mins to get through to an advisor.

Ben Avery (Work) 12:07 17 Feb 03

Why not have a look into having one built for you? With "off the peg" models you tend to pay for a lot of stuff you'll never really use. Best bet would be to decide what you wanna do with the PC then get some recommendations to components. You could then take the spec to a PC shop (or do it online) and get some quotes for just what you want.

BA

Pesala 12:27 17 Feb 03

If you had a good knowledge of PCs you wouldn't be asking this question, so go for a PC from a well respected supplier like Evesham. Mine started giving problems after about nine months. I took in the sytem unit, they sent it away, and replaced the motherboard.

Return to Base service is a bit of hassle, but cheaper than on-site. The questions you should be asking are, what do I wish to do with this PC?

Forum members can give you a good idea of the specs you should be looking for, then you won't be wasting any money on stuff you don't need.

Are you keeping your existing printer, scanner, etc., or passing them on with your old PC?

pj123 16:49 17 Feb 03

have a look at this site before you make your final decision click here

belmore1 18:14 17 Feb 03

Many thanks to everyone for their advice. I do
intend buying online.

My present pc is a dan, purchased online approx 6 yrs ago. Sad they are not still in business as their service and tech support were excellent.

Pesala, I am keeping my existing printer and scanners. The pc passed on to a relative.

pj123, I will certainly look at the site mentioned before making a final decision.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…