HELP PLEASE ASAP - awaiting reply - thanks.

eysha 18:15 23 Mar 10

Hi, my daughter seems to have gotten a virus or something. it won't let her into any programme at all and keeps reporting wuauclt.exe is infected.
I haven't heard of this and supect it is one of those sites that want you to buy the full version of their softwear as it keeps asking 'buy full version.
Is there anyway she can get rid of it? she has cc cleaner which we did run but cannot get back into it and cannot run terminator now either. and she isn't now connected to the net which is why i am asking.
Will be waiting for a reply so thanks in advance, she is really upset.
E.

Technotiger 18:33 23 Mar 10

Try starting in Safe Mode with Networking, then run any/all Anti virus/malware programs she has. Or while in safe mode, download/install/update and run the Free version of Malwarebytes click here

jamesd1981 18:34 23 Mar 10

have you tried a system restore or repair.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:43 23 Mar 10

She needs malwarebytes click here and superantipyware free edition click here running in safe mode

to get into safe mode reboot and keep tapping F8 and select safemode "with networking" from the menu

eysha 19:22 23 Mar 10

Thanks so much, will follow instructions and report back soon.
E.

eysha 20:23 23 Mar 10

I installed recommended programmes above. my daughter got the Maleware one and ran it ok but the spywear wouldn't install. i should say i copied these programmes onto a usb pen and tried to install from that and one did but not the other. she cannot get on the net at all. and no improvments although maleware said nothing found.
she is using XP and we are hoping not to have to wipe harddrive.
what next?

eysha 20:37 23 Mar 10

apparently she thinks the offending programme/whatever is called 'Anti-virus soft.'
anyone know that one and how to get rid of it?
Thanks
E.

Im a diddy 20:38 23 Mar 10

click here
removal guide

eysha 20:49 23 Mar 10

Hi Iam a diddy. i dloaded it onto a usb pen for her and it wont let her install the programme - what now?

Im a diddy 20:53 23 Mar 10

read the full guide,you have to do it via safe mode plus d/l rkill point 8 of 21 steps.otherwise it wont run.

eysha 20:55 23 Mar 10

tried it in safe mode and don't understand d/i rkill etc.
is there anything easier? we are not computer techs, just novices. thanks E.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…