Help please.

Jawal20 15:29 15 Jul 03

Can anyone advise how to restore computer to original (as from factory) state i.e. Removing everything from hard drive.

Problems is Windows XP pro installed and paid for in early - nearly novice days !...with original O.S. being Windows 98... It subsequently turns out that the XP Pro version is a cloned copy !.

I have the restore floppy disc and Master reboot Discs 1 & 2 for Windows 98, somehow can't figure out how to get rid of this XP Pro clone !

Help please and many thanks.

dth 16:34 15 Jul 03

have a look in your programme files add/remove folder (start / control pannel - if you have a blue screen select the option on the top left to switch to 'classic view')

it may include an option to get rid of win xp and go back to Win 98 (with your system being upgraded from 98)

if not then you will need to copy all your data, emails etc - wipe your hard disc (called formatting) then re-install win 98 and then add your data back. you can do a search (on this site) for 're-install, clean install, fdisk or format' for detailed guidance

Jawal20 22:50 15 Jul 03

Thanks to those who responded for my plea for help and to Den for my reprimand...:-) I am so sorry that I didn't enter something more specific than help.

VoG II 22:57 15 Jul 03

If you place the restore floppy in the drive and reboot it should take you through a process to restore your system to a factory fresh condition. Before you do this make sure that you copy all of your documents etc. to a CD or whatever. Don't forget your e-mail, favorites and so on.

Who or what "Den" is I do not understand. If somebody has sent you a rude e-mail report them to the moderator - you have not done anything wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…