Help Please

eljanno 16:13 10 Jun 03

Hi
Hope someone can help me, I visited a site which was recomended from here regarding a problem with XP I cannot remember the full details of the site some thing like Windows XP geeks or similar. I went on to the fourm there but didnt leave any personal details, when today via messenger I keep getting this person saying thing's like "are you not talking, then I think I'll take a look around your computer" when I blocke them they came back on with "you cannot get rid of me that easy" It's getting me down now I cannot turn on messenger as I will get something from them, the only details that showed on the message was wwwmessengergeeks.ath.cx
I have no idea what's happening.
Can some one help me and tell me what to do to stop it.
PS
I have turned messenger off and I have had nothing whilst I am typing this but if I open my e-mail messenger will automatically start.
Please help
J

powerless 16:16 10 Jun 03
  eljanno 20:49 10 Jun 03

Thanks but I get the message cannot find server when I click the link

mammak 21:57 10 Jun 03

Tell them too get lost, or somit dont let them intimadate you that,s what they want, give them as much crap back as they give you they will get bored , the joy,s of the internet we are open too all those nasty people.

eljanno 13:33 11 Jun 03

But can they do what they said and look around my computer, I have Norton antivirus 2003 and Norton Firewall 2003 installed.
J

powerless 13:38 11 Jun 03

Are you using XP?

hugh-265156 13:54 11 Jun 03

open windows messenger and click on

tools/options/privicy and block anybody you do not want to contact you.ie/ put "all other users" in the block pane.only addresses you allow on the left can see or contact you.

then click

tools/options/personal/edit profile as you want others to see it(i recommend you leave it blank) and untick all the boxes under communications.

now only those people you want can contact you.

hugh-265156 13:59 11 Jun 03

found this click here

someone messin ya around.

eljanno 17:45 11 Jun 03

That's it huggy but who will it be one of my friend's on the list? if not how did they get me?
Yes powerless I am using XP.

powerless 17:54 11 Jun 03

My link above isnt what you want as it does not apply in this case. (i thought it did)

...I see the problem you now have and the email address that comes from the sender changes each time so it it would be very difficult to block. You could keep adding the address to the block incase it repeats.

PS: it could be anyone, even i could do it if i knew your hotmail address.

hugh-265156 18:03 11 Jun 03

just untick the boxes under communications on your profile.

"Allow people who see my public profile to contact me or invite me to use Messenger at this address."

"If I'm in an MSN Chat room, provide a link to the room on my public profile so others can find me."

then block all users as above,except those you want to contact you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…