Help please??

Yangedd 11:35 20 Mar 03

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can lend a hand.Whenever I save a image from the net or try to look at my own pictures I get an Error meaasge saying "Cannot find UP.Exe" and cant view them.Does anyone know what this means?I must have downloaded something and deleted it from my pc but I dont know of any program called Up?
Any help would be great??

Thanks

©®@$ђ 11:42 20 Mar 03

what type of file is it, a gif,jpeg, btmap ?

you need to to asscoiate the file type

click here

Yangedd 11:55 20 Mar 03

It doesn't matter what format I save the image in,it keeps coming up as cannot find "UP.Exe".Is it a program I need to download?.I never had a problem like this before.When I viewed my files thay came up in a browser like the internet or My Documents!

€dstow 11:58 20 Mar 03

I think the point made was not connected with what the file is written in but what you are using to try and read it. Or am I not understanding?

€d

MAJ 12:04 20 Mar 03

©®@$ђ has it correct, Yangedd, you have to reassociate your graphic file types with the application you want to view them in. Somehow they have become associated with something called up.exe. Follow the link ©®@$ђ posted.

DieSse 12:04 20 Mar 03

Might you have used this program at some time?

click here

What you have to do, however, is re-associate your graphics files with the programs you want. But how you do this differs a little in each Windows version.

Yangedd 12:06 20 Mar 03

I'm not very good with computers so excuse me if the info i gave was a little off....Basically I cant view any image at all!

Yangedd 12:08 20 Mar 03

Thats it DieSse.......Thats what I downloaded...Cheers!

Yangedd 12:12 20 Mar 03

How do I re-associate my Graphic Files....I have gone into Web folders and clicked File types and removed the symbol for Ultimate paint but its still the same.I must have done something wrong again???

MAJ 12:13 20 Mar 03

Yangedd, don't worry it's easy to reassociate your graphics files. Right click on a jpg file, while holding down the Shift key on your keyboard. From the dialog box which appears, choose "Open With", find the program you want to view your jpgs with and click on it. Tick the little box which says "Always use this program to open files of this type". Then do the same for a gif file type and any other graphics file type you want. If you're using XP, you wont have to hold down the shift key while right clicking the file.

Yangedd 12:21 20 Mar 03

Thanks MAJ....
I tried it and it works...Im greatful for all ye're help!

Edward

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…