help please

Eddie 2425 21:07 11 Mar 12

I have a tom tom xl 30 series and it worked fine, had it for over 3 years so decided to update it, what a mistake.

Followed all the instructions did a back up, downloaded the update and then all I got was a red cross. I then followed the info to correct this, format the tom tom and reinstall and now I only get as far as install on the hard drive, gets half way and then I get error messages.This is the error:-

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: H:\data.chk

@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1953)

000003EE

in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1953

Stack:

1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82

error(textOrException);

2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1?061

this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);

3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:80

return func.apply(obj, arguments);

4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77

this._errorCallback(e);

5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69

this._errorFatal(error);

this happens everytime, when i turn tom tom off and back on again it checks for errors and then says update required and goes and does the same again, anyone got any ideas please .

Terry Brown 21:55 11 Mar 12

The header 'Help please' is no good, as it does not say anything about your problem (look at other headers).

Can you restore the backup?. You may then be able to download the update again.

If you are stuck, go to HALFORDS with the Tom-Tom as they provide an Update service (don't know cost).

Terry

compumac 22:02 11 Mar 12

There was an update for the 740 Live Go the other week that caused problems,I do not know if there is any connection with that update and yours. Call TomTom on 0845 161 0009. I found them very helpful.

Eddie 2425 17:10 12 Mar 12

Hi Terry thanks for your reply, Itried to put a header in with tom tom in the line but it wouldn't let me post for some reason thats why I only put help please, have tried the restore from back up but same problem excists, like the Halfords idea, thanks for that. Hi Compumac, intersting comment about the update causing problems, will give them a call and will post back, cheers for your help Eddie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac