Help please

maco2078 14:10 26 Mar 09

I normally leave my laptop in sleep mode but occasionally close it down altogether. I did so last night and when I loaded up this morning I went to the bedroom to get dressed and when I came back AOL had loaded which thought strange as I don't have it on automatic aol to my knowledge....?

Anyway, the pointer wheel just kept spinning around and nothing was happening.

i fiddled about a bit shutting down restarting and actually calmed down enough to read some of help section and did a system restore but the problem is still continuing. It loads allright, but it will not do as I instruct it to. It just goes dead.

I am a novice at all this technology but anyway, I am able to get on via safe networking mode but only have limited access to certain things ie the sound has gone mute and when I try to switch it on a message comes up saying the audio service is not running.

Then I click on sounds and it says would I like the audio service? I reply yes and the box comes up but it's like it is dead.

What the 'ell is going on, is there anyone out there who could help me.

I can only send you a cyber pint.

Thanks

marie

birdface 14:53 26 Mar 09

Maybe try safe mode without networking and run your security programs.or maybe try last good configuration while in there.

maco2078 15:54 26 Mar 09

I did try just safe mode but still had the same problems. How do I try last good configuration. Ah, I think that comes up on screen when loading right?

maco2078 17:14 26 Mar 09

I have noticed that I usually have two lights on, one green, one orange. The orange light generally flashes on and off.

Both are green.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…