help please....

icemannnn 21:01 18 Aug 08

i have a promblem:
i have a AMD Duron 1200Mhz, 1256DDR with a Realtek RTL8130/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
and a Toshiba laptop with a Intel Pentium 4 2400Mhz, 512DDDRAM and Intel(R) PRO/100VE Network Connection
i finnaly mannaged to connect them through a ipTIME 5/8 Ports 10/100Mbps Switch Hub as followed:
on my computer: LAN is set manually and my ip is 192.168.1.1 subnet mask 255.255.255.0, connection not firewalled because when i firewall it i receive request time out when i ping the laptop's IP or name.
on the laptop: LAN set manually ip is 192.168.1.2 subnet mask 255.255.255.0, not firewalled because of the same problem. now i have no problems with the LAN the ping shows the following:
when i ping the laptop's name from my computer:
[img=click here]

icemannnn 21:05 18 Aug 08

ping laptop's name: click here
ping laptop's Ip:
click here

icemannnn 21:21 18 Aug 08

when i ping my computer ip from laptop:
click here
when i ping my computers name from laptop:
click here
the problem is that i can't play anything on LAN no game no nothing my computers don't find themselves on My network places. i don't know waht to do... how can i fix this because i really want to do some LAN gaming. thanks

dawood 15:24 20 Aug 08

In order to play online game, you have to install some multiplayer game on computer or laptop. If not, you can try following online game click here or click here

If you plan to share file, then you can take a look on this file sharing in XP click here or Vista click here

Hope it helps..

dawood 15:34 20 Aug 08

In order to play online game, you have to install some multiplayer game on computer or laptop. If not, you can try following online game click here or click here

If you plan to share file, then you can take a look on this file sharing in XP click here or Vista click here

Hope it helps..

80n37 10:00 21 Aug 08

Guys heres a good link for Securing the router.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…