help please

blueboy2uk 20:17 01 Jan 07

my other computer has been going well for 3 months and out of the blue today i got the message " windows product activation a problem checking the licence for this computer error 0x0004005 has come up at the stage the windows desktop is in the background no task bars are showing nor any ikons as soon as i click on the box showing it restarts itself and goes around in a loop .

thanks

birdface 20:33 01 Jan 07

A few here to look at.click here

skidzy 20:44 01 Jan 07

Yet another looping system,seems a common problem at the moment.

Firstly can you access safemode,if so try a system restore.

Secondly,if no safemode access.

You will have to try a repair.
Enter your machines BIOS and change the boot order to cd/hdd/floppy

Then insert your windows disc and reboot.click here

blueboy2uk 19:37 03 Jan 07

i can get my computer going with the windows disc
i can press any key and all the drivers download,
then i get the blue screen with 3 options the one i want is to repair windows but on the next screen the black one with C:> and the blinking cursor what do i type to get it going and offers please folks i typed help and a long list opened up on the lefthand side of the screen but i dont want to type the wrong thing and really mess up things further

Stuartli 20:09 03 Jan 07

See:

click here

When doing an XP Repair, you have to keep selecting Install until you get the choice to Repair (NOT the Recovery Console).

After that you will probably have to type in your Product Key during the Repair.

However, you could first try an

sfc /scannow

(note the space).

Type sfc /scannow into the Run Box>OK and have your XP disk ready.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…