help please!!!!!!!

cookie111 23:54 30 Mar 06

i have an old advent 6418 laptop & would love to buy a new one but funds are low so i cann't.
so i've decided to help it along by upping the ram memory from 256 to 512 & upping the h/d from 20gig to 60gig.
my problem is i've had the laptop for ages & lost all the booklets & disks that came with it. so i've no idea how to get into the bios (if i need to) to autodetect the h/d & ram change.
i don't think it will be too hard to find the drivers on the web but if anyone has a spare cd i'd apreciate a copy.
any info on what i need to do would be gratefully apreciated.
also i did see somewhere about someone upping the cpu from 1gig to a 1.3 celron but i lost the web page. so any info on this please too.
thanks.

lotvic 01:13 31 Mar 06

In google type How to upgrade advent 6418

You also ought to read click here which is full of info and you can buy the proper cd's that you will need.

lotvic 01:23 31 Mar 06

click here
is another 'must read' for you. and contains link for:
Replacement discs can be ordered from the following website - click here

that's all, I'm off to bed.
NB: Try to make your title reflect your problem. Maybe 'Need Help to Upgrade Advent 6418' would get more replies than 'help please!!!!'

cheer up :) there's lots of people willing to help you :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…