help please

computer playing up need a good antivirus and firewall any good free ones. had norton firewall lots of problems wont install know. downloaded avg antivirus but aol says i dont have antivirus so do not now what to do. please help. thankyou..

Totally-braindead 21:14 14 Dec 05

If you downloaded AVG there will be an icon on your desctop named something like AVG70-free. If you double click on this it will install and set itself up. regards a firewall Zonealarm is as good as any of the other free ones click here

Skills 21:15 14 Dec 05

For firewall I use zonealarm and for av I use avast both free.

Dont worry that AOL doesnt recognise AVG as long as its installed and running it will be doing the job.

Only have one AV installed at any one time my personal choice is avast.

Dont forget to get some antispyware apps as well.

MS antispyware, adware and ewido all free.

thanks all for your advice downloaded acronis spyware does anyone think this one is alright.shoukld i still download zonealarm.had avast before avg but something turned of firewall and antivirus.. no idea

Totally-braindead 21:27 14 Dec 05

Whatever you do trio DO NOT have 2 firewalls or 2 anti virus programs working on your PC at the same time, it will muck everything up. Pick one and stick with it, if you then decide you don't like it delete it and try another one but don't have 2 running at the same time. Personally AVG anti virus and Zonealarm firewall do me fine.

thanks i did uninstall one before the other...not that daft...lol..

thanks i did uninstall one before the other...not that daft...lol..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…