Help please

ole1999 21:50 15 Sep 04

Have had major problems as of late, had to do a system recovery, eventually got up and running again, got a virus of some sort and did the avg virus scan and it showed up 576 viruses, removed them, but everything is just so slow, pages wont load for me, when they they do i'm only on for a few minutes before i get 'page expired' etc, when i open up email i always get disconnected, as soon as i connect again it gives me a few minutes to browse, then its either no pages again or i get disconnected, would appreciated any help if i manage to get this posted , running xp and have broadband!

stalion 22:01 15 Sep 04

have you done a disc cleanup and de-frag.Also how did you get so many viruses have you got a good firewall and spywareblaster

stalion 22:03 15 Sep 04

you may still have virus problems run a scan with this click here

VoG II 22:09 15 Sep 04

I think that you must have meant 576 infected files, not viruses. Anyway follow stalion's advice and post back if things are still not right.

ole1999 22:56 15 Sep 04

VoG yes sorry i did mean 576 infected, stallion i am running the scan at the moment and it has speeded up considerably already, it has found a 'backdoor virus.rbot,gen' in timeupdate.exe and winupdate.exe if any of you are any the wiser, i will try the defrag as well!

Thanks much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…