Help Please?

balmad 21:52 21 Aug 04

Hi,
I have widows xp home edition with 1.3ghz, and 128 ram , The problem is with cd-rewriter as a busy light is on all the time. There is no cd inside and i cannot open the cd rewriter door by pressing the front button. I have managed to open it with the wire in the little hole but it still doesnot work and the busy light come back on after i closed the cd rewriter door. When I look at my computer some time the cd rewriter drive does not show but on other occassions it will show.Please can anyone help?

Night Ryder 22:55 21 Aug 04

Only thing I can think of is, take the side off the computer and check that the data and power cable are securely attached to the drive. (Give them a firm push into their sockets) Also check that the data cable is firmly attached to the mother board. If this fails, you may have a faulty drive.

johnsims 23:33 21 Aug 04

With 52 speed CR writers at only a little over £20 before VAT, I would just replace it. My Liteon had been excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…