Help Please:

balmad 20:58 24 Jul 04

I have E-machine computer,windows XP home edition but it's cd re-writer has stopped working. A busy light is on all the times and i can not open it by pressing the button. Moreover now the re-writer drive and cd drives both have disappeared from my computer. Can any one help?

jonnytub 20:58 24 Jul 04

is there a cd still inside the drive?

howard60 20:59 24 Jul 04

go to control panel - hardware devices - device manager and then system. delete/uninstall all cds and then restart pc and with luck they will be found and reinstalled

hugh-265156 23:09 24 Jul 04

some things to try click here

woodchip 23:25 24 Jul 04

yes there as to be a cd in the drive, and it cannot read it. it may need a new ribbon cable

THE TERMINATOR 23:53 24 Jul 04

If you want to get the disk out of the drive, restart windows and open the drive while your pc is still in POST mode....TT

Wak 09:24 25 Jul 04

If there is any need to open a CD drive because of a jammed disc or faulty working then look on the front of the drive for a small hole (approx 1 mm. across) and gently push a stiff piece of wire inside it. This will open the drive and is specifically for this purpose.

balmad 14:15 25 Jul 04

Hi,
Thanks for your response. I opened the drive with the wire and found no cd inside. Now it is showing when I press my computer button.Its door doesnot close with the button on front of it. Any thing else I can do ?

€dstowe 14:32 25 Jul 04

Check the cables - especially the ribbon cable - at both ends to ensure it is fully pushed home.You might want to try a different cable if you can. Do this with the machine powered down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…