Help! With playing digi pics (on vcd)

AJJK 09:38 08 Nov 03

I recently purchased a cdrw so I could store all my digital pictures on cd , I managed to burn all my pics onto a cd (NERO) which was suprisingly easy....however when I came to play the disc on my DVD it played ok and reconised it as a VCD but only in black and white......I have no NTSC function on my TV or DVD, and have been advised this is the reason why.....is this true??

Please help

AK

MichelleC 11:21 08 Nov 03

I can't see why not having the read (USA) ntsc function would affect it. Have a look here click here which is the bible of dvd/cd making.

pl 11:31 08 Nov 03

I had the same problem. Turned out to be that I was on the Wrong AV Channel on my TV.

AJJK 12:38 08 Nov 03

tried all av channels with no joy ...and cant seem to get the page i need on that website .......i'll try from home later !

do you know if you can burn vcd's in pal using nero 6?

thnx in advance AK

MichelleC 15:35 08 Nov 03

You can with Nero Express, but not sure about Nero.

AJJK 17:59 08 Nov 03

Michelle it seems to be nero express that i have but i cannot find the option to choose pal anywhere....can u help?????

thanx AK

MichelleC 19:05 09 Nov 03

I could be off-mark with solving your prob but as far as I know Pal & NTSC don't matter with mpeg, it's only avi which necesitates that conversion to read. So your lack of colour could be something else.

pl 19:09 09 Nov 03

Does your DVD Player Play DVDS in colour?

lindyloo4 19:46 09 Nov 03

Don't know if this has anything to do with it but are your pics jpeg? I purchased a DVD player on Friday. It specifies that it plays jpeg. I put my photo backup CD in just to see what happened because the photos are in different folders not individual pics or a slideshow.

It opened the folders and played them all in colour as a slideshow. I can also open the individual folders and play those separately.

I used EasyCD to make the backup disc doing nothing special other than saving them to CD rather than a floppy.

My Player instructions book states all files must be extended by 'JPG', 'jpg', 'JPEG', or 'jpeg'
and compressed in format 4:2:2 or 4:2:0.

Don't ask me what compressed format is ! I must just have been lucky.

Hope this is of some use.

Linda

john-232317 21:34 09 Nov 03

Check scart lead is in properly, i watched a film in a crap green tinge, till i found out the lead was loose....senior moment !

Rtus 22:20 09 Nov 03

are these pictures downloaded from cam corder or digital camera to your computer before using nero?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…