Help! playerWindow:js Error

Tj_El 19:25 16 Oct 04

Hi people,

I used to be able to listen to music being stream at click here but now I can't. I keep getting an error message:

"Error

Sorry, could not load all required files. Please try again later.

Error Code: 27 - playerWindow.js"

I have searched via Google but haven't found anything that provides a solution. Have also been to the MS KB but again didn't find anything..this however could be partly because I find it so difficult to carry out a precise search on that site. The Launch site Help and FAQ's did not give any useful solution either.

I don't know whether it is because I have SP2 now installed on my machine. Is it possible to uninstall SP2 to check whether it's the culprit and if not to re-install it?

I have ensured that my OS is up to date and have "cleaned things out" using SpyBot etc.although I doubt that spy/mal-ware would be the cause.

I have also installed Java s/w from click here but still I get no music stream.

System specs:

O/S: XP Home Ed. SP1/SP2
CPU: AMD Athlon XP +1700
RAM: 512MB

Your collective assistance once again required.

Many thanks.

Tj_El

Valvegrid 19:47 16 Oct 04

This link will test Java Sun:

click here

And this one will test JavaScript:

click here

If this last one is working you should see 'Your browser supports JavaScript version 1.3' if it isn't it'll tell you how to enable it.

SANTOS7 20:15 16 Oct 04

Code 27

Windows can't specify the resources for this device. (Code 27)

Click the Resources tab, and then select the basic configuration for the resources this device uses. To see which resources this device uses, see the documentation for this device.

Solution button: None

This code means that the portion of the registry describing possible resources for a device does not contain valid entries. For example, the device is marked as configurable, but the configuration information in the .inf file is set to hardwired.

To resolve this error code, use Device Manager to remove the device and then run the Add New Hardware tool in Control Panel. If the device still does not work, consult the hardware manufacturer for updated drivers or further assistance.

Tj_El 21:35 16 Oct 04

Valvegrid: Thanks for the links. I have the latest version installed. The 2nd link tells me "Your browser supports JavaScript version 1.3".

SANTOS7: I also came across that note previously but unfortunately it didn't tell me which device to look for, remove etc. so it is practically useless as far as solutions go. I think you would agree?

I altered the settings in the 'Advanced' tab under Tools-->Internet Options--> to use the Java Sun applet so I'm gonna restart the PC as it says - at least I thinki it is referring to the PC not the browser... will report back. Stay tuned....

Tj_El 22:06 16 Oct 04

Drat! Still not working!! I'm getting the same error message.

Tj_El 12:44 18 Oct 04

Why oh why oh why can't I get this to work?!!!?

Any JavaScript/Windows experts out there who can help me delve into the "innards" of the system to determine why the system is unable to "...load all required files..."

Tj_El 12:05 28 Oct 04

Maybe I'll just re-install XP over the top of the current install and then try things again.

Comments? Advise?

Tj_El 16:22 28 Oct 04

I tried registering the wmp.dll as suggested at
click here
but still get the error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…