help with ping please!!

tim-236455 12:37 19 May 03

i have isdn net connection and have been playing moh:aa with no probs. i try to play today and my ping is constantly 999 making game unplayable.i have no apps running in background and connection is what it should be at 64kps. i have not changed any in game settings. the only thing i have done is made a new connection, but like i say its only the game that is affected???
any ideas??

vaughan007 13:03 19 May 03

Do you get an awfull ping on every server?

simonp1 13:18 19 May 03

some servers run higher than others, i 50 ping on uk servers but higher on others, check the server. If not, sometimes the isp may be running slow, who are you with?

vaughan007 13:39 20 May 03

I have 512k broadband and I am with blueyonder. The location of a server makes all the difference. UK servers are normally always faster than those based abroad. If your ping is rubbish on a particular server the best idea is to find another server. Try to stick to ones based in the UK as you will generally get a far better ping on them.

kingkenny 13:43 20 May 03

It also depends on the size of the server and its power/performance

If you sign into someones own dedicated server it might be a slow runner.

What resolution and graphic detail are you set at? I think also forced models can help but don't think it would solely be the problem.

Can I ask why u made a new connection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…