help with picking laptop

stephen1978 12:14 21 Nov 09

can anyone tell if you had the choice between theses to laptops which one would be the best ????

click here

click here

stephen1978 14:31 21 Nov 09

or couls someone find me a better deal ??

ened 15:24 21 Nov 09

I recently spent a lot of time looking for a laptop.

In the end I went for a Compaq purely because I preferred the way the keyboard was laid out.

As far as your comparison is concerned, so long as the specs are what you are looking for I don't think there are any more likely to be issues with one or t'other.

I found that there will be good and bad reviews about all of them and in the end it comes down to personal preference.

Likewise the retailer. I have had bad experiences with Comet and was impressed with the service from Dixons (PC World/ Curries,)others will have had reverse experiences.

My Compaq is a couple of models up from yours but it is a lovely machine. I wish they wouldn't put trial versions pre-installed on these things though. If it comes with McAfee I would (did) uninstall it as the first job when you turn the machine on. Don't even click on it, just remove it and install Avast or AVG.

Technotiger 15:35 21 Nov 09

Both are good choices - but my personal preference would be for the Toshiba.

amonra 19:34 21 Nov 09

Reliability tests have put the Toshiba in the higher range of laptops. If I can find the link I'll post it later. Try this one:-
click here

Why wont it work 22:43 21 Nov 09

I'd go for the second laptop (The Toshiba) as it has a dual core Celeron T3000. The Compaq only has a single core Celeron C900- so I wouldn't bother with it unless you really want to save the money.

Generally, the more cores the merrier. A dual core processor with make windows 'smoother' and allow you to more things at once.

In all other respects the spec is quite similar. I don't think the build quality/reliability between them will be much- I've had both Toshiba and Compaq laptops and they've all been fine. Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…