Help for people with About Blank (my fix)

ruairi2 20:35 29 Aug 04

I am not a tech,just an ordinary Joe.I had issues
wiht my browser,cpter running slow,screen colour,
things appering on my screen.Tried here to find a
fix and on the web,got some advice,such as enter
the registry and download reglite,tried all these
but could not fix the problem.Spyguard kept saying my homepage had been changed to About Blank,i have windowsxp h/e norton antivirus,zone
alarm personal firewall,spyguard,and spybot s/d
and still this virus got on my system.Now to cut a long story short i serched the web more and i
found a chap with the same problem,his advice was
to download click here they have a free trial Kaspersky anti-virus and Kaspersky anti-hacker personal products 30day trial,i disabled both my Norton Anti-Virus,ZoneAlarm Firewall and
downloaded the Kaspersky trial products and ran a
full computer scan with the Kaspersky anti-virus
and to my surprise it found 9Trojans and 1 worm virus on my systen.I deleted these,then uninstalled Spyguard and then reinstalled it,uninstalled both Kaspersky products and enabled my Norton Anti-virus and ZoneAlarm Firewall,i have had no problems to date and every
thing is working fine.I hope this is of assistance to people as i had been trying to fix this problem for about a week myself.NB.when downloading the products you will be given a list
of servers to pick from,i picked the German one as it is the nearest one to me,i live in Ireland.
Hope This Helps
Ruairi2

JonnyTub 20:37 29 Aug 04

maybe you should forward this "fix" to forum member "gw", he could do with a fix of some kind ;-)

end 23:27 29 Aug 04

have posted this on someone elses thread for them:)tas

oakwood 23:34 29 Aug 04

Sorted my problems.
Back to normal.
Thanks

end 23:41 29 Aug 04

I wonder if my postee will "get the message":( I can only live in hope:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…