Help-Pc restarts after 29mins-any ideas?

buel 12:31 07 Dec 08

Hi there, please can anyone help me? my pc restarts after 29 minutes and i have no idea why??

jimv7 12:40 07 Dec 08

Overheating, check the fans are not clogged up.

buel 12:51 07 Dec 08

Thanks, any advice on how to do that? do i have to take it apart? Am i right in thinking that there is some downloadable software to check the temp. of the fans/pc??

Totally-braindead 13:02 07 Dec 08

If you have the motherboard driver disk, you might find theres a program on that you can use. Failing that try Coretemp click here or look for downloads on your motherboard manufacturers websites.
I have a Gigabyte motherboard and heres a link to its downloads and you can see a program called Easytune and another called icool click here now these are programs for my motherboard BUT if you look on your motherboard manufacturers website you should be able to find programs specifically created for YOUR motherboard.

buel 13:11 07 Dec 08

Brilliant, thankyou! How do i find what motherboard i have?

buel 13:53 07 Dec 08

buel 16:54 07 Dec 08

Sea Urchin 17:40 07 Dec 08

Repeating the same question 3 times is unnecessary, and is unlikely to result in quicker answers. I notice you have at least three threads running at the moment - each with significant problems - presumably these are relating to three different PCs/laptops?

buel 19:17 07 Dec 08

the reason i posted it 3 times is that i was led to understand that it 'bumped' it to the top of the list? no, i have one laptop that will only boot to safemode and wont let me install any programme and says 'The system administrator has set policies to prevent this instillation', it even says this when i log in under the user 'admin'....when i boot up using Dr Web the menu is HUGE and i cant navigate it so i am stuck as what further to do....! My other pc is a desk top and restarts after 29 minutes...
Does this help at all please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac