Help with PC problem - It keeps switching off

Jospehine 15:04 02 Oct 04

My PC keeps switching off. It does it in any programm I am in whether on the internet or not. I have had lots of advice however none of it has helped. I have been told it is a hardware problem then it is a virus. I have also been told to take everything off my PC and then reinstall however if poss I would like to avoid this. I have tried serveral times to do a complete virus check however the PC never complets this it switches off before it finishes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help it is getting that bad that I don't even what to switch the PC on. To add the PC is new (07/04)I brought from a company from the internet and it has 12 months warranty please let me know if you think I should go back to this company.

Thanks very much Josephine

stalion 15:08 02 Oct 04

boot in to safe mode and try a scan with this it is free click here

961 15:19 02 Oct 04

This computer is still under warranty and it seems reasonable to e-mail the company to ask for their advice. Don't go down the phone line at megabucks per minute route. Which company is it? Do they have a presence on this forum? Many do

It seems to me that either this is a temperature problem, or a loose connection.

How long is the computer on before this happens? Switch it on and just leave it without opening any programmes and time to switch off

Did you install any new hardware or software before the trouble appeared?

Have you tried going back on system restore to a date before the problem

Do you have an up to date virus checker installed and working?

As it is under warranty, don't feel obliged to fiddle. Let the maker sort it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…