//some 3rd party need geo

HELP - PC Power Blown

OPEN18 12:00 29 Apr 04

I was adding a new CD-drive to my PC and accidently forgot to switch the power off. As a result, there was a small spark and the power went.

The machine no longer boots up.

Any ideas? Is it the fuse in the plug? Is there a fuse in the computer? Is it more serious?

spuds 12:10 29 Apr 04

If there is a sign of life somewhere, when you switch on, then the fuse in the plug as not blown.If no sign of life, then check the plug.

Trying to give a solution in circumstances like this can be a hit or miss affair, with further information.Blown fuse = simple,Fried parts = serious.

spuds 12:11 29 Apr 04

Should be 'without further information'.

OPEN18 13:06 29 Apr 04

Nothing happens whatsoever when I try and power on.

No sign of life.

Will try the fuse.

Whaty 13:07 29 Apr 04

Some PSU's do have a fuse. I would strongly recommend that you completely disconnect the PSU before taking its cover off (that is both from the mains and the computers components) to check it. And be careful what you touch, you can get a shock from a faulty PSU even when it isn't connected to the mains.

OPEN18 14:44 29 Apr 04

Thanks

I meant that I'll try the fuse in the plug. If not that, will replace the PSU as can get my hands on another one from the same model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…