Help with partitioning

onemadjock 16:08 02 Nov 03

I have got two hard drives - 1 is 5gb and has my o/s on it and the other is 10gb. Problem is that they have partitions on them and unallocated space so i'm not using all the space available.

Anyone got any suggestions for partition software which can do this in windows 98 as i dont want to format the drives.

Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 16:16 02 Nov 03

Get Partition Magic if you can - about ?40.

There are other options, but rather risky... as indeed is PM. Best to have everything backed up before going ahead with changing any partition information.

Older versions of PM which work with Win98 will be cheaper.

recap 16:17 02 Nov 03

Partition Magic is a piece of software that you can use.

onemadjock 16:19 02 Nov 03

any chance of any free software - working on a shoestring here. there was one program that worked because i have had this problem b4 but cant remember which one it was

recap 16:21 02 Nov 03

YOu can buy it for ?24.99 if you click here

flecc 16:24 02 Nov 03

I've never had a data loss of any kind with Partition Magic in hundreds of uses and that's the best bet for this job. Version 5 was issued free on some magazine discs around a year ago. Also, the rescue floppy discs that are created during any Partition Magic installation will run on any computer with a built in floppy drive and will work for any Windows version.

As an alternative, the current Personal Computer World magazine CD 1 has Partition Expert on it. This is an Acronis utility which works well but is slightly less easy to use than Partition Magic, but not too difficult.

flecc 16:27 02 Nov 03

To make it clear, those rescue floppies run the full program and will do your job if you know anyone with PM.

pj123 16:31 02 Nov 03

Free partitioning software "Ranish" from here click here

onemadjock 18:11 02 Nov 03

nope - nearly but no cigar

1st hd has got 2 partitions
2nd hd is okay now.

How can i get rid of the 2nd partition on the 1st hd and extend the 1st to the full amount??

SGT BARNES 18:13 02 Nov 03

if your using partitioning software then just merge them together

onemadjock 18:15 02 Nov 03

yeah - but thats the problem - it wont let me do it - have tried ranish, partition expert and partition manager but no joy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…